Send Us Your Short Stories! — Paid Opportunity
It’s exciting times over at the publishing house I work at — Lost Boys Press.
As of today, we are officially open for submissions for our next anthology, Empire of Beasts!
We’re asking for short stories containing and focusing on anthropomorphised creatures (If you don’t know what that means, it essentially means creatures with human characteristics).
For example, if you’ve ever daydreamed about what sort of religious structures and beliefs a society of dragons would have, or how a community of sentient snails would handle the subtle nuances of diplomacy (or maybe even how they’d communicate, having no hands), now is the time to write it and send it our way.
In brief, this is what we’re looking for:
- Short stories between 3,000 and 9,000 words
- Every genre qualifies
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, font size 12
- Include your name and story title at the top of the first page
- Submissions open 1st September and close 1st December
- No rape, gore, or child abuse (it should go without saying, but sometimes people need a reminder)
Please pay attention to these guidelines, because stories that don’t fit them will be automatically disqualified.
You can find the full details, along with how to submit, on our website here!